Bosnias Federation PPI inflation edges up 0.4% y/y in Feb 2013.

By bne IntelliNews March 21, 2013
Bosnias Federation industrial producer price index (PPI) on the domestic market edged up 0.4% y/y in February 2013 after increasing 0.5% y/y in January, statistics office data showed. On a monthly basis, the PPI went up 0.3% in February after decreasing 0.1% a month earlier. Producer prices in the sector of water supply sewerage and waste management posted the highest annual increase of 7.4% y/y in February. Both prices in the mining and quarrying and the utilities sector inched up 0.1% y/y over the period. February prices in manufacturing edged up 0.6% on the year, driven by rising electrical equipment (up 11.1% y/y) and chemical and chemical products prices (up 5.7% y/y). On the other hand, manufacturing of basic pharmaceutical products (down 22.5% y/y in Jan), of coke, refined petroleum products (down 9.3% y/y) and of tobacco products (down 8.4% y/y) pushed producer prices in the manufacturing sector down. The broader PPI, including export sales rose 0.8% y/y in February after posting zero annual growth in January. The Federation's statistics office started publishing data on the broader index last month. Bosnias average industrial sector inflation on the domestic market in 2012 remained moderate at 1.7% while average CPI inflation was slightly higher at 2.1%.

Related Articles

EUs Sannino invites Bosnian leaders for conciliatory talks on March 22.

The European Commissions director general for enlargement Stefano Sannino has invited the leaders of Bosnias seven main political parties for consultations in Brussels on March 22 in an attempt ... more

Bosnias Serb Republic PPI, CPI inflation eases in Feb 2013.

Growth of consumer prices in Bosnias Serb Republic eased to 0.9% y/y in February from 1.5% y/y in January, as the annual decline of clothing and footwear prices widened, the entitys statistics ... more

Bosnias Federation fails to sell 67% of engineering company Hidrogradnja.

Bosnias Federation has failed to sell its 67% stake in engineering company Hidrogradnja due to lack of investor interest, the entitys privatisation agency said in a statement. The remaining 33% ... more