Official: Ukraine 90% ready for EURO 2012.

By bne IntelliNews February 3, 2012
Domestic infrastructure is 90% ready for EURO 2012, announced the director of the EURO 2012 local organizing committee, Markian Lubkivskyi. According to him, the remaining 10% of the work involves completion of the upgrade of territories and fine-tuning of operations of stadiums in Kyiv and Lviv as well as the operations of airports in the host cities. According to Infrastructure Minister Borys Kolesnikov, preparations for the finals of the EURO 2012 European Football Championship cost the Ukrainian state budget USD 800mn and such an amount was spent on the reconstruction of the Olimpiyskiy stadium in Kyiv and the construction of the Arena Lviv stadium. However, this amount does not include funds spent on the reconstruction of airports. Kolesnikov said that the funds had been spent not just on preparations for the championship but that these were investments in future.

Related Articles

Metro Ukraine raises sales by 11% y/y to EUR 877mn in 2012.

In 2012, Metro Cash&Carry Ukraine, which is a retail division of the Metro Group (Germany), raised sales by 10.9% y/y to EUR 877mn, the company said. The company opened two new wholesale ... more

NBU: Gross external debt of Ukraine up 2% q/q in Q4/2012

The Naftogaz Ukrainy has repaid UAH 2.4bn worth of loans so far in 2013. The company was able to repay this amount of loans because of economy of natural gas in all areas of its operation, ... more

EC makes new recommendations for Ukraine.

The European Commission recommends Ukraine to focus on meeting its commitments under the association agenda, reads the ENP Country Progress Report 2012 - Ukraine released on Wednesday. In ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss