Moscow Exchange reports equity trading volumes up 90% y/y in December

Moscow Exchange reports equity trading volumes up 90% y/y  in December
In 2016 equity turnover on the Moscow Exchange increased 16% y/y and the bond market added 31%.
By bne IntelliNews January 11, 2017

Russia’s equity market turnover jumped 55% m/m and 90% y/y to RUB983bn in December, while the bond market soared 82% m/m and 133% y/y to RUB2,733bn in the same period.

Likewise, the money market added 31% m/m and jumped 51% y/y, and FX market turnover rose 20% m/m and was flat y/y. The number of derivative contracts declined 20% m/m and 11% y/y.

Notably, market participants' balance increased 7% m/m, within which the RUB balance increased 21% to RUB96bn.

In 2016 equity market turnover increased 16% y/y and the bond market added 31%. The money and FX markets expanded by 56% and 6%, respectively. The number of derivative contracts was up 18%. In total, consolidated trading volumes were 24% higher y/y in 2016. The average size of market participants' balance remained at RUB823bn (-24% y/y), including the RUB balance at RUB107bn (-20% y/y).

“The Moscow Exchange reported expectedly strong trading results for December and for FY16. The substantial RUB balance growth in December after a big drop a month ago should make a positive impression on investors and may provide a short-term boost to the stock,” Aton said in a note.

 

News

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss