Macedonia's wholesale, retail trade turnover up 10.2% y/y in October 2011.

By bne IntelliNews January 3, 2012
According to data of the statistics office, trade turnover increased by 10.2% y/y in October, speeding up from 8.7% y/y in September. The acceleration was driven by faster annual growth of wholesale trade turnover, which expanded by 22.4% in October, after rising by 10.4% in the previous month. On the other hand, annual growth of retail trade turnover decelerated, from 9.8% in September to 5% in October. In addition, turnover of trade in and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles has dropped by 19.2% y/y in October, a wider decrease than 12.5% y/y in September. In October, trade in and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles constituted 5% of total turnover, wholesale trade - 45%, and retail trade - 50%.

Related Articles

Macedonias 2013 tobacco crop expected to exceed 30,000 tonnes.

Macedonias tobacco crop is expected to increase by 20% to over 30,000 tonnes in 2013, Utrinski vesnik daily reported quoting Danco Mileski, president of the countrys tobacco association. The ... more

Macedonia cancels tender for gas distribution network feasibility study.

The transport ministry has cancelled the tender for preparing a feasibility study for developing the countrys natural gas distribution network, build.mk portal reported. Reportedly, two bids were ... more

Komercijalna Banka wins Global Finance award Best Bank in Macedonia for 2013.

Large-sized commercial bank Komercijalna Banka announced that it has won the award Best Bank in Macedonia for 2013 by the magazine Global Finance. The Macedonian bank wins the award for a 10th ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss