EU likely to launch dialogue on Montenegros accession in June.

By bne IntelliNews February 24, 2010
EU will most likely launch a dialogue for Montenegro s accession in June, Spain state secretary for foreign affairs Angel Losada stated. The official acknowledged the achieved progress by the country last year. He pointed out that Montenegro was a factor of stability in the Western Balkans. Still, the country should continue with its reform efforts and should focus on efficient and independent justice, fight against organised crime, and protection of human rights. We note that the country received the Accession Questionnaire, as prepared by the EC, last July. The cabinet prepared the answers to the Questionnaire at end-November and forwarded it to Brussels . The country applied for EU membership in December 2008.

Related Articles

Montenegro says to borrow EUR 220mn this year, down 12% than planned.

Montenegro's government said it decided on Thursday, March 21, to reduce to EUR 220mn from EUR 250mn the amount it plans to borrow this year for financing its budget spending and servicing ... more

Montenegro reports increased budget revenue in Q1.

Montenegro's budget revenue increased by 11.5% y/y to EUR 195mn in the period from January 1 to March 20 due to higher profit tax, social contributions and VAT inflows, news service ... more

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro drops to 155.5% in Feb 2013.

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro dropped to 155.5% at the end of February 2013, from 159.81% at end-Dec 2012 and 163.66% a year earlier, the latest figures of the telecommunications agency ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss