Czech Export Banks lending up 92% y/y in Jan-Nov.

By bne IntelliNews December 20, 2010
State-owned Czech Export Bank (CEB) provided CZK 42.8bn (EUR 1.7bn) in loans and guarantees to local export companies in Jan-Nov, up 92% y/y, CTK newswire reported citing CEB acting manager Mchal Bakajsa. In November alone, CEB signed contracts for more than CZK 9.2bn, as major part of the financing was allocated for the construction of the 3rd and 4th units of nuclear power plant Mochovce in Slovakia. Bakajsa expects the value of newly signed contract in full-2010 to reach CZK 43bn. A large part of CEB loans are insured by state-owned Export Guarantee and Insurance Corporation (EGAP). The state owns 72.9% in CEB, while the remaining 27.1% share is held by EGAP. In August, Standard & Poor's revised CEB outlook to positive from stable in line with the country's long-term foreign currency rating. Standard & Poor's affirmed its A/A-1 foreign currency rating on CEB. Moody's lowered its outlook on CEB to stable from positive affirming its long-term foreign currency and senior unsecured debt at Aa1.

Related Articles

Czech CSSD proposes 2014 general and European elections to be held together.

Social Democrats (CDDS), the major Czech opposition party, proposed next year's general and European elections to be held on the same day, CTK news agency reported. CSSD leader Bohuslav Sobotka ... more

Tesco Czech faces fine for selling products containing undeclared horsemeat

The Czech unit of UK retailer Tesco faces a fine of up to CZK 3mn (EUR 116,000) for selling beef lasagne containing undeclared horsemeat, Radio Prague reported. The state-run Agricultural and Food ... more

Czech Senate votes to limit immunity of lawmakers, judges.

The upper house of the Czech parliament, the Senate, voted on March 20 a constitutional amendment to limit the immunity of lawmakers and constitutional judges, Radio Prague reported. Out of the ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 296
Dismiss