Czech CSOB Pojistovna premiums up 19%, profit down 30% in 2011.

By bne IntelliNews February 13, 2012
The net profit of the fifth largest Czech insurance company CSOB Pojistovna fell by 30% to CZK 578mn (EUR 23mn) in 2011 despite rising premiums, Mediafax news agency reported. The value of collected premiums expanded by 19% to CZK 12.2bn at end-December, outperforming the market that grew by 0.3% to CZK 116.3bn. CSOB Pojistovna boosted premium revenue in the life insurance segment by 30% to CZK 8.19bn and in the non-life segment by 2% to CZK 4.026bn. The insurer's premiums reached CZK 7.28bn in 2011, according to the new methodology of the Czech Insurance Association that takes into account only a tenth of the billed premiums in the area of one-off insurance payments. CSOB Pojistovna is 75% controlled by Belgian insurer KBC Verzekeringen of KBC group. Czech high-street bank CSOB holds the remaining 25%.

Related Articles

Czech CSSD proposes 2014 general and European elections to be held together.

Social Democrats (CDDS), the major Czech opposition party, proposed next year's general and European elections to be held on the same day, CTK news agency reported. CSSD leader Bohuslav Sobotka ... more

Tesco Czech faces fine for selling products containing undeclared horsemeat

The Czech unit of UK retailer Tesco faces a fine of up to CZK 3mn (EUR 116,000) for selling beef lasagne containing undeclared horsemeat, Radio Prague reported. The state-run Agricultural and Food ... more

Czech Senate votes to limit immunity of lawmakers, judges.

The upper house of the Czech parliament, the Senate, voted on March 20 a constitutional amendment to limit the immunity of lawmakers and constitutional judges, Radio Prague reported. Out of the ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 296
Dismiss