Comsar Energy seals contracts for coal exploration in Bosnia's Serb Republic.

By bne IntelliNews November 15, 2011
Serb Republic's minister of industry, energy and mining Zeljko Kovacevic and the company Comsar Energy Republika Srpska have signed two concession contracts for detailed coal exploration at two sites located in the municipalities of Ugljevik and Lopare, ONASA news agency reported. The investment in exploration will be worth BAM 12.7mn (EUR 6.5mn). The period of the concessions is 2.5 years and the company paid a concession fee of BAM 0.22mn. The detailed geological prospecting is a prerequisite for continuing the EUR 400mn thermal power project for building a new 400 MW unit at the state-owned coal mining and electricity generation complex RiTE Ugljevik. Cyprus-based Comsar Energy Limited owns a 90% stake of Comsar Energy Republika Srpska, and the remaining 10% are held by RiTE Ugljevik. Russian businessman Rashid Serdarov owns Comsar Energy Limited.

Related Articles

EUs Sannino invites Bosnian leaders for conciliatory talks on March 22.

The European Commissions director general for enlargement Stefano Sannino has invited the leaders of Bosnias seven main political parties for consultations in Brussels on March 22 in an attempt ... more

Bosnias Serb Republic PPI, CPI inflation eases in Feb 2013.

Growth of consumer prices in Bosnias Serb Republic eased to 0.9% y/y in February from 1.5% y/y in January, as the annual decline of clothing and footwear prices widened, the entitys statistics ... more

Bosnias Federation fails to sell 67% of engineering company Hidrogradnja.

Bosnias Federation has failed to sell its 67% stake in engineering company Hidrogradnja due to lack of investor interest, the entitys privatisation agency said in a statement. The remaining 33% ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 296
Dismiss