Bosnias jobless rate picks up to 44.3% at end-Oct 2012 employment agency.

By bne IntelliNews January 14, 2013
Bosnias jobless rate edged up to 44.3% at the end of October 2012 from 44.2% a month earlier, the countrys labour and employment agency said in a statement. The unemployment rate stood at 43.8% at end-2011. The agency also gave figures for November, pointing out that the number of registered unemployed increased by an annual 2.9% accelerating from a 2.8% annual increase in October. In monthly terms, the number of unemployed was 0.3% higher in November, following a 0.1% m/m rise in October. The agency did not say what the unemployment rate at end-November was. Bosnias statistics agency has reported earlier the number of people in paid employment totalled 687,009 at end-October, down 0.4% in annual terms and 0.2% on the month. According to the latest IMF forecast, Bosnias unemployment, which remains one of the highest in Europe, is set to decline in the mid-term as economy recovers. In the short-term, however, the unemployment will stay high and together with fiscal tightening it will continue to weigh on domestic demand in 2013. The Bosnian economy is projected to expand moderately by 1% this year.

Related Articles

EUs Sannino invites Bosnian leaders for conciliatory talks on March 22.

The European Commissions director general for enlargement Stefano Sannino has invited the leaders of Bosnias seven main political parties for consultations in Brussels on March 22 in an attempt ... more

Bosnias Serb Republic PPI, CPI inflation eases in Feb 2013.

Growth of consumer prices in Bosnias Serb Republic eased to 0.9% y/y in February from 1.5% y/y in January, as the annual decline of clothing and footwear prices widened, the entitys statistics ... more

Bosnias Federation fails to sell 67% of engineering company Hidrogradnja.

Bosnias Federation has failed to sell its 67% stake in engineering company Hidrogradnja due to lack of investor interest, the entitys privatisation agency said in a statement. The remaining 33% ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 296
Dismiss