Bosnian economy to post zero growth in 2012 IMF.

By bne IntelliNews April 18, 2012
Bosnia is expected to post a zero GDP growth this year, becoming the country with the second worst economic performance in the region of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), the latest edition of the IMFs World Economic Forum showed. According to the report, Bosnia will perform better only in comparison with Croatia, which is expected to be the sole CEE state to post a negative 0.5% growth. The IMF also sees the Hungarian economy staying flat in 2012, while all other 12 countries in the region will experience a growth of between 0.2% (Montenegro) and 3.8% (Kosovo). Bosnia together with Croatia is seen posting the lowest economic growth of 1% among the countries in the region in 2013. The IMF sees the regions overall economy expanding 1.9% this year and 2.9% in 2013. Bosnia, which was left without a central government for more than 15 months following the October 2010 election, is preparing to start talks with the IMF on a new bail-out deal next month. The country spent the whole of last year on temporary financing and has not yet adopted its 2012 budget although a new government was finally voted in office in February. Bosnia was unable to meet the conditions on its earlier funding deal with the Fund and it was left idled in the autumn of 2010.

Related Articles

EUs Sannino invites Bosnian leaders for conciliatory talks on March 22.

The European Commissions director general for enlargement Stefano Sannino has invited the leaders of Bosnias seven main political parties for consultations in Brussels on March 22 in an attempt ... more

Bosnias Serb Republic PPI, CPI inflation eases in Feb 2013.

Growth of consumer prices in Bosnias Serb Republic eased to 0.9% y/y in February from 1.5% y/y in January, as the annual decline of clothing and footwear prices widened, the entitys statistics ... more

Bosnias Federation fails to sell 67% of engineering company Hidrogradnja.

Bosnias Federation has failed to sell its 67% stake in engineering company Hidrogradnja due to lack of investor interest, the entitys privatisation agency said in a statement. The remaining 33% ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss