San Leon, Beach Energy start 3D seismic survey on Albanian Durresi Block.

By bne IntelliNews March 21, 2011
UK-based mineral exploration company San Leon Energy and its Australian partner, oil and gas exploration company Beach Energy, have initiated a 3D seismic survey on their offshore Durresi Block, San Leon said in a press release. Norwegian Petroleum Geo-Physical will conduct the survey, using M/V Ramform Vanguard seismic vessel. The survey covers 840 square km, or some 20% of the block's total area. The Durresi Block contains the unapprised A4-1X gas/condensate discovery drilled by Chevron and Agip in 1993 with potential of up to 38mn cubic meters of condensate and 150bn cubic feet of gas. Drilling operations will be launched in 2012. San Leon, through a subsidiary, holds 75% of the Durresi Block and Beach Energy owns the remaining 25%. The two companies received approval from the Albanian government to start exploring the block in February.

Related Articles

Albania calls tender for supervision of sewerage project.

Albania has called a tender to select a company to supervise the construction and supplies for a sewerage system and waste water treatment plant in Velipoja area, the European Commission informed ... more

Albania's govt approves changes in concession agreement for Devoll project.

The Albanian government has approved changes in the concessionary agreement for the Devoll Hydropower cascade, which formally enables Austrian EVN to exit from the project, the cabinets press ... more

Albanian parliament panel endorses EUR 12.7mn EBRD loan for dam safety project.

The economy and finance committee of Albanias Parliament has approved a EUR 12.7mn loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to be used to fund a project for upgrading ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss