Russia's Russneft prepares IPO at Moscow Exchange in 2016

By bne IntelliNews June 6, 2016

Russian oil refining company Russneft, co-owned by billionaire Mikhail Gutseriev, plans an IPO at the Moscow Stock Exchange in the fourth quarter of 2016, RBC reported on June 6.

Investors could be offered between 25% and 49% of the company's new shares, Mikail Shishkhanov, Russneft co-owner and chairman of the board of Binbank, was quoted as saying.

Currently, Gutseriev and his family, including his nephew Shishkhanov, own 54% of Russneft, while the other 46% is owned by Switzerland's Glencore.

"It can be said for sure that Gutseriev and his family will remain the majority shareholder, and Glencore will remain a co-owner," Shishkhanov said. The London Stock Exchange is considered as an alternative venue for Russneft's IPO, but Moscow is preferable as there is "a shortage of interesting companies" at Moex, he added.

Binbank will be the IPO's lead manager. Shishkhanov would not give a figure of how much the company expects to attract, but said that an undisclosed company from the CIS is prepared to invest $1bn at the IPO.

"We hope for a fair evaluation, given the company's good position in the market and its recovery," he said.

Since oil prices nearly doubled since January 2016, when Brent fell as low as $27 per barrel, a successful IPO would allow Russneft to pay off $1.5bn in previously issued bonds.

Despite unfavourable internal and external economic conditions, Russian companies have gone ahead with their IPO plans over 2015 and 2016.

Last year, the leading Russian producer of high-tech railway cars United Wagon Company (UWC) and Moscow Credit Bank had IPOs.

About 20 companies said they were planning to IPO this year on Moex, including retailers Detsky Mir and Ulmart.

Related Articles

Russia invites Trump aides to Syria peace talks in Kazakhstan

Russia has invited incoming U.S. President Donald Trump to send aides to the planned Syria peace talks in Kazakhstan’s capital Astana, Bloomberg reported on January ... more

Russia's Detsky Mir children's retailer announces IPO

Russian retailer of children’s goods Detsky Mir announced plans to offer 30% of its shares in an IPO, TASS reported on January 16. The retailer’s main shareholder, AFK Sistema multi-industry ... more

bnePodcast - WoE: How far will the Russian equity rally run, with Jacob Grapengiesser, partner at East Capital and Russian Fund manager

This edition of bne's Window on the East podcast features Jacob Grapengiesser, a founding partner ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss