LT: Number of Lithuanians travelling abroad up by 9.2% y/y in Q4.

By bne IntelliNews March 27, 2012
In Q4 total of 273,300 Lithuanians travelled to foreign countries, up by 9.2% y/y, Statistics Lithuania indicates. 54% of tourists were men, 46% were female. 55% during their trip stayed at their relatives or in private sector, while the rest in hotels and motels. Total number of trips increased by 9.9% y/y and stood at 334,500 in Q4. Personal trips accounted for 78% of all trips, while business trips accounted for the remaining 22% of all trips in Q4. Lithuanians travelling abroad spent LTL 500.9mn (EUR 145.1mn) during the trips, up by 12% y/y. On average every tourist spent LTL 1,498 per trip, with average length of the trip at 6.9 days. In 2011 total number of Lithuanian tourists stood at 1.5mn, up by 8.2% y/y.

Related Articles

EE: Estonian Air records EUR 49.2mn loss in 2012.

Estonian national airline Estonian Air recorded net loss of EUR 49.2mn in 2012, up from net loss of EUR 17.3mn in 2011. Operating loss amounted to EUR 35.8mn in 2012. Revenues of the company ... more

LT: Malsena acquires Latvian flour manufacturer Rigas Dzirnavieks.

Lithuanian flour manufacturer Malsena announced that it has acquired Latvian flour manufacturer Rigas Dzirnavieks. The company indicates that with the acquisition it will become the largest flour ... more

EE: Estonian Air to return excess Embraer airplanes.

Estonian national airline Estonian Air announced that it agreed to pay penalties for returning two excess Embraer E190 aircrafts to the manufacturer. The company has started restructuring and ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss