IPO of Romanian gas company Romgaz to start on October 18-19 - report

By bne IntelliNews October 10, 2013

The 15% IPO of Romanian natural gas company Romgaz, which is active in exploration, production, storage, trade and supply, might start sooner than initially planned by the government – namely on October 18-19, news agency Mediafax reported quoting unofficial sources.

Romania’s government holds 85.1% in Romgaz, with the remaining 14.9% held by the Property Fund [Fondul Proprietatea]. The government plans to sell a 15% stake. Initially, it estimated the stake's value at EUR 600mn – but more recently it adjusted the expectations to EUR 450mn.

Romgaz reported EUR 862mn revenue and a EUR 279mn net profit last year. The company is likely to benefit from the natural gas market liberalisation.

The government has still to decide on the proportion of shares and GDRs to be sold on the local bourse and respectively on the London stock exchange.

Romania’s financial supervisory authority ASF has recommended launching no more than 2/3 of the coming 15% IPO of Romgaz as GDRs in London, Bursa daily reported. The consultants suggested that the government places a combined issue of GDRs on foreign markets and shares on the local market - and the government has to decide on the shares for each of the two options.

Related Articles

Overlooked carbon costs spell financial trouble for Western Balkan coal power plants

Ten coal-fired power plant projects across the Western Balkans are facing serious financial problems as they have not taken properly into account carbon costs, according to ... more

Poland eyeing second LNG terminal

Gaz-System has selected a contractor to carry out a feasibility study on the construction of a second Polish LNG terminal, the state-owned gas grid operator said on March 27. Poland has recently ... more

Latvia heads off Russian gas mischief with legislation on strategic companies

The Latvian parliament passed amendments to national security and commercial laws on March 23, handing the state the power to block the sale of companies considered strategic. The legislation will ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss