Creditors agree Romania’s Hidroelectrica can exit insolvency

By bne IntelliNews June 19, 2013

The creditors of Romanian state-controlled energy firm Hidroelectrica – currently under insolvency, have approved its reorganisation plan drafted by the court-appointed manager, Mediafax reported.

Out of the 311 creditors, 98.7% approved the reorganisation. The court is now supposed to endorse the plan and will decide on this on June 26.

The endorsement would mean that Hidroelectrica has completed the reorganisation and can exit the insolvency. The court can in principle alternatively decide that the company should remain under insolvency.

The insolvency procedure, started last June, can take up to two years. The interim management of the company – an insolvency firm, announced however that the company has implemented the reorganisation and can resume regular operations.

Hidroelectrica reported a RON 380mn [EUR 85mn] gross profit for Jan-May versus a RON 434mn gross profit planned for the whole year. The company’s debt totals RON 3.6bn [EUR 800mn].

Three months after Hidroelectrica exits insolvency, the government will carry out an IPO – under the stand-by agreement with the IMF.

Romania’s government holds 80% in Hidroelectrica, with the remaining 20% are in the hands of restitution fund Property Fund [Fondul Proprietatea].

 

Related Articles

Latvia heads off Russian gas mischief with legislation on strategic companies

The Latvian parliament passed amendments to national security and commercial laws on March 23, handing the state the power to block the sale of companies considered strategic. The legislation will ... more

Enea buys French utility out of Poland

Enea has acquired a 100% stake in Engie Energia Polska - the Polish business of French power company Engie - for PLN1.26bn (€290mn), the state controlled Polish utility said on March 14. The ... more

EU asks CEE to comment on Russian gas promises

The European Commission has invited comments from Central & Eastern European states on proposals put forward by Russian gas giant Gazprom to meet competition concerns. Visegrad and the Baltic ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss