US-Turkish consortium Bechtel Enka interested in motorway project in Montenegro.

By bne IntelliNews January 24, 2013
The consortium of US firm Bechtel and Turkey's Enka is interested in taking part in Montenegro's key infrastructure project - the construction of the south-north motorway Bar-Boljare, the Montenegrin government said in a statement. The statement was issued on Jan 23 after a meeting between Montenegrin PM Milo Djukanovic and representatives of the two companies. There expert teams will discuss the details of their offer, including the financing models, with the government in the coming weeks. Montenegro has been trying for years to launch the construction of the motorway, which will link its biggest Adriatic port of Bar with the Serbian border. In February 2012 it selected UK company URS Scott Wilson to prepare the technical study for the construction. So far companies from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Israel and the US have shown interest in the project.

Related Articles

Montenegro says to borrow EUR 220mn this year, down 12% than planned.

Montenegro's government said it decided on Thursday, March 21, to reduce to EUR 220mn from EUR 250mn the amount it plans to borrow this year for financing its budget spending and servicing ... more

Montenegro reports increased budget revenue in Q1.

Montenegro's budget revenue increased by 11.5% y/y to EUR 195mn in the period from January 1 to March 20 due to higher profit tax, social contributions and VAT inflows, news service ... more

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro drops to 155.5% in Feb 2013.

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro dropped to 155.5% at the end of February 2013, from 159.81% at end-Dec 2012 and 163.66% a year earlier, the latest figures of the telecommunications agency ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss