Turkey, Azerbaijan signed agreement to build gas pipeline.

By bne IntelliNews December 27, 2011
The government of Turkey and Azerbaijan signed a memorandum of understanding in order to build a pipeline, namely Trans Anadolu Natural Gas Pipeline, with the aim of carrying natural gas from the Shah Deniz field to Europe through Anatolia. Energy Minister of Turkey, Taner Yildiz, commented that the new pipeline may be linked with other pipelines such as Nabucco in which Turkey control a 16% stake. Trans Anadolu is planned to cost EUR 7bn, will have an annual capacity of 16bn m3, will cross 2,000 km and is planned to be completed in 2017, Bloomberg reported. State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic will control an 80% stake in Trans Anadolu and the Turkish government will control the remaining 20% stake through its companies, pipeline operator Botas and oil firm TPAO, Yildiz informed. On a related note Yildiz also informed that representatives from Botas and Russian Gazprom would hold a meeting yesterday (Dec 26) regarding the 6bn m3 of gas contract expiring on Jan 1 2012. On a separate note, news agency Anadolu reported that Exxon Mobile Corp. and TPAO terminated exploration works for oil and natural gas in the Black Sea.

Related Articles

PKK leader Ocalan calls for ceasefire and withdrawal of militants from Turkey.

The jailed leader of the PKK, Abdullah Ocalan, called for a ceasefire on Thursday, ordering armed PKK militants to withdraw from Turkey. Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in the city of ... more

Syrian government says Turkey responsible for chemical attack.

The Syrian government said the rebel groups foreign supporters, Turkey and Qatar, were responsible for a chemical attack in Aleppo. The countries that back and support the rebels, including ... more

Erdogans comments on Zionism clouds US secretary of states Turkey visit.

US secretary of state John Kerry was in Ankara on Friday for talks with the Turkish leaders, including PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President Abdullah Gul, focused on the crisis in Syria, ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss