Syria blames Turkey for deadly bomb attack in Damascus.

By bne IntelliNews July 19, 2012
Syria yesterday blamed Turkey for the deadly bomb attack on a meeting at the national security headquarters in Damascus. Syrian information minister Umran al-Zuabi said that the intelligence agencies of Turkey, Israel, Qatar and Saudi Arabia were behind the attack. Senior high-level officers, including defence minister, deputy defence minister, were killed in the bomb attack for which rebel groups in Syria claimed responsibility. PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan rejected the claims that the Turkish intelligence agency was involved. Erdogan was in Moscow yesterday where he discussed developments in Syria with Russian President Putin. Speaking after the meeting, Erdogan said that both countries were committed to the stability of Syria but he criticised the Assad regime for its crackdown on the opposition. Erdogan also said that Turkey and Russia exchanged information about the Turkish warplane that was downed by Syrian military last month but he did not provide any details.

Related Articles

PKK leader Ocalan calls for ceasefire and withdrawal of militants from Turkey.

The jailed leader of the PKK, Abdullah Ocalan, called for a ceasefire on Thursday, ordering armed PKK militants to withdraw from Turkey. Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in the city of ... more

Syrian government says Turkey responsible for chemical attack.

The Syrian government said the rebel groups foreign supporters, Turkey and Qatar, were responsible for a chemical attack in Aleppo. The countries that back and support the rebels, including ... more

Erdogans comments on Zionism clouds US secretary of states Turkey visit.

US secretary of state John Kerry was in Ankara on Friday for talks with the Turkish leaders, including PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President Abdullah Gul, focused on the crisis in Syria, ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss