Serbia reportedly to call tender for Telekom Srbija in late 2010.

By bne IntelliNews March 5, 2010
The sate-owned stake in telecoms operator Telekom Srbija will be sold to German telecom provider Deutsche Telekom in October, newspaper NIN has reported. The preliminary agreement on the sale of Serbian telecoms operator to Deutsche Telekom has been reportedly reached during last weeks visit of president Boris Tadic to Berlin . The tender for the sale of Tekom Srbija will be called in autumn 2010 at the starting price of EUR 1bn, NIN further said. Telekom Srbija is 80%-owned by the state, while the remaining 20% is in the hands of Greek telecom OTE. However, Deutsche Telekom has a 30% stake in OTE. Serbian government will most likely offer for sale 30% stake plus one share in Telekom Srbija at the starting price of EUR 1bn, according to NIN. Earlier in the week, local media have reported that Naguib Sawiris, executive chairman of Egyptian telecom company Orascom Telecom expressed interest in taking part in the privatisation of Telekom Srbija. Telekom Srbija is jointly owned by the state and Greek telecoms operator OTE. Telekom Srbija owns Telekom Srpske, landline operator in Serbian entity of Bosnia-Herzegovina and M: TEL, mobile operator in neighbouring Montenegro .  The news on the sale of Telekom was denied by the presidents office. The information was also denied by Telekom Srbija as well. The company said it was not involved in any activities related with the sale, adding that the publishing of incorrect information are affecting its business and assets value.

Related Articles

Serbia's external debt up 4.7% y/y to EUR 25.4bn at end-Feb 2013.

Serbia's foreign debt rose an annual 4.7% y/y to EUR 25.4bn at end-February after climbing 6.6% on the year in January, central bank data showed. In monthly terms, however, the external ... more

Vip Mobile Serbia signs five-year managed services deal with Ericsson.

Swedish company Ericsson said it has signed a five-year managed services contract with Vip Mobile - the Serbian arm of Telekom Austria Group. The agreement includes field maintenance services for ... more

Telenor and Societe General possible buyers of Serbia's KBC Banka - report.

Norwegian telecommunications firm Telenor and France's Societe General are seen as possible buyers of the Serbian unit of Belgium's KBC Group, which has been on sale for several years now, a ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss