Romania’s Hidroelectrica to pick up consultant for 15% IPO

By bne IntelliNews December 23, 2013

Romania’s state-controlled hydropower company Hidroelectrica, which has a total installed capacity of 6.5GW and a EUR 1bn capital at book value, will pick up a new consultant for its IPO scheduled in 2014, news agency Mediafax announced quoting a company statement. Bids are expected by January 20.

The government has decided recently to increase the size of the IPO from 10% to 15% and the company consequently cancelled the previous procedures aimed at selecting the IPO manager. Earlier in the spring of 2012, Hidroelectrica picked up a consortium formed by local lender BRD, Citigroup, Societe Generale and Intercapital but the final contract has not been signed yet.

Romania’s government holds 80% in Hidroelectrica and the remaining 20% is owned by the restitution fund Property Fund [Fondul Proprietatea].

The company was under insolvency procedures for one year between June 2012 and June 2013 and in this period terminated the loss-making controversial long-term contracts with private power traders. Hidroelectrica expects a record high EUR 200mn net profit for 2013, according to its former CEO Remus Borza – who managed Hidroelectrica during the insolvency procedures.

Related Articles

Latvia issues permits to new gas infrastructure holding

The Latvian Public Utilities Commission (SPRK) announced on January 5 that it has issued licences to Conexus Baltic Grid for the transmission and storage of gas. Conexus Baltic Grid will control ... more

Iran to seek arbitration over termination of gas flow from Turkmenistan

The National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) intends to take its recent gas dispute with Turkmenistan to international arbitration, Mehr News Agency reported on January 4, citing ... more

CEZ ignores Czech finance minister and re-elects CEO

The supervisory board at Czech power group CEZ ignored pressure from the finance ministry to dump the current management, local media report. Finance Minister Andrej Babis has been accumulating ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss