Number of fixed telephony users in Montenegro slightly up m/m at end-Jan 2012.

By bne IntelliNews March 6, 2012
The number of fixed telephony users in Montenegro stood at 171,000 at the end of January, slightly higher on the month, daily Vijesti cited a report of electronic communications agency EKIP. Crnogorski Telekom, the local arm of Deutsche Telekom, held 98% of the fixed telephony market at end-January versus 2% for M:tel, the Montenegrin unit of Telekom Srbije, EKIP said. M:tel provides fixed telephony via WiMAX technology. Citizens accounted for 87% of the total fixed telephony users at the end of the month, while companies for the remaining 13%. The total number of Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) connections in the country stood at 5,250 at end-January, 19% less than a month earlier as a result of the citizens' growing orientation from ISDN to ADSL service. Out of the total ISDN connections 48.34% belong to citizens and the remainder to companies. Montenegro is a tiny country of some 620,000 people.

Related Articles

Montenegro says to borrow EUR 220mn this year, down 12% than planned.

Montenegro's government said it decided on Thursday, March 21, to reduce to EUR 220mn from EUR 250mn the amount it plans to borrow this year for financing its budget spending and servicing ... more

Montenegro reports increased budget revenue in Q1.

Montenegro's budget revenue increased by 11.5% y/y to EUR 195mn in the period from January 1 to March 20 due to higher profit tax, social contributions and VAT inflows, news service ... more

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro drops to 155.5% in Feb 2013.

Mobile phone penetration in Montenegro dropped to 155.5% at the end of February 2013, from 159.81% at end-Dec 2012 and 163.66% a year earlier, the latest figures of the telecommunications agency ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss