Macedonia to consume by 14% more energy in 2010.

By bne IntelliNews December 21, 2009
Macedonia will consume by 13.9% more energy in 2010, the draft strategy of the countrys energy association presented before the economy ministry showed. The expected demand for energy in 2010 is estimated at 130.00 tera joules and the state should invest EUR 383mn in order to meet it. Local power plants will produce 55.9% of the necessary energy, while the remaining 44.1% will come from imports. The country will need by 5% more oil or 864,412 tonnes and 145 mn cu m natural gas, the strategy showed. The electricity demand is estimated at 8,600 GWh electricity, of which 1,490 GWh will be imported.

Related Articles

Macedonias 2013 tobacco crop expected to exceed 30,000 tonnes.

Macedonias tobacco crop is expected to increase by 20% to over 30,000 tonnes in 2013, Utrinski vesnik daily reported quoting Danco Mileski, president of the countrys tobacco association. The ... more

Macedonia cancels tender for gas distribution network feasibility study.

The transport ministry has cancelled the tender for preparing a feasibility study for developing the countrys natural gas distribution network, build.mk portal reported. Reportedly, two bids were ... more

Komercijalna Banka wins Global Finance award Best Bank in Macedonia for 2013.

Large-sized commercial bank Komercijalna Banka announced that it has won the award Best Bank in Macedonia for 2013 by the magazine Global Finance. The Macedonian bank wins the award for a 10th ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss