Credit Europe Bank acquires 95% stake in Millennium Bank Turkey for EUR 62mn.

By bne IntelliNews February 11, 2010
Fiba Groups banking unit Credit Europe Bank N.V, based in the Netherlands , signed an agreement to acquire a 95% stake in Millennium Bank Turkey from Portugal s Banco Comercial Portugues (BCP) for a consideration of EUR 61.8mn. The agreement gives Credit Europe Bank the option to purchase BCPs remaining 5% stake in the lender. The small-sized lender Millennium Bank Turkey has 18 branches and its asset size is TRY 973mn. Credit Europe Bank has subsidiaries in Russia , Switzerland , Dubai , Ukraine and Romania as well as branches in Frankfurt, Antwerp , Malta and has representative offices in Istanbul and Shanghai . Fiba Holding owns 95% of Credit Europe Group, which holds a 99.2% stake in Credit Europe Bank N.V.

Related Articles

PKK leader Ocalan calls for ceasefire and withdrawal of militants from Turkey.

The jailed leader of the PKK, Abdullah Ocalan, called for a ceasefire on Thursday, ordering armed PKK militants to withdraw from Turkey. Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in the city of ... more

Syrian government says Turkey responsible for chemical attack.

The Syrian government said the rebel groups foreign supporters, Turkey and Qatar, were responsible for a chemical attack in Aleppo. The countries that back and support the rebels, including ... more

Erdogans comments on Zionism clouds US secretary of states Turkey visit.

US secretary of state John Kerry was in Ankara on Friday for talks with the Turkish leaders, including PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President Abdullah Gul, focused on the crisis in Syria, ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss