Bulgaria's net FDI downby 22% in 2012.

By bne IntelliNews February 19, 2013
Net FDI in Bulgaria dropped by 22% to EUR 1,228.6mn in 2012, central bank data showed. The net flow accounted for slightly over 3% of GDP. Total FDI invested in the country shrank 20% to EUR 1,398 last year as equity capital declined by EUR 320mn or 25%, reflecting less attractive investment projects in the country. Foreign funds invested in real estate properties also narrowed to EUR 233mn in 2012 from EUR 245mn a year earlier and constituted just 25% of the total equity capital invested in the country against about 50% in the years prior to the crisis. Reinvested earnings shrank by 40% to EUR 96mn in 2012. Only the other capital account posted growth in 2012 (up 3%), which reflects higher inflow of foreign capital to local companies.

Related Articles

EC urges Bulgaria to comply with EU rules on free movement of capital.

The EC has sent a reasoned opinion to Bulgaria over failure to comply with EU rules on the free movement of capital, the EC said on its website. The privatisation act in Bulgaria introduces ... more

Govt seeks delay of antitrust rules violation procedure against Bulgaria.

Bulgaria will be seeking an extension of the court procedure filed by the EC against the country over irregularities found in the assignment of digital broadcast spectrum, transport minister ... more

Bulgarians hold EUR 100mn in deposits in Cyprus.

Bulgarian individuals and companies hold EUR 100mn in Cypriot banks according to ECB data, BTA reported quoting Reuters. The largest EU depositors in the crisis-hit country are Greece with EUR ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss