Bosnias Serb Republic, Russia to sign South Stream deal on Sept 21.

By bne IntelliNews September 21, 2012
Bosnias Serb Republic will sign on Friday, Sept 21, a bilateral cooperation agreement with Russia on creating a joint venture firm that will take over the construction of the South Stream natural gas pipeline leg through the Republic, news service Capital.ba reported. The deal will be signed by the Republics President Milorad Dodik and Gazproms CEO Alexei Miller in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. Gazprom will hold 60% in the future joint venture, while the Serb Republic will control the remaining 40%. The report quoted Dodik as saying that the agreement will also facilitate the construction of two gas-fired power plants in the Republic in the coming years, which would additionally strengthen the energy stability and security of the Bosnian entity. According to Dodik, the joint venture will be established very soon after the deal signing as the new company will complete the design study of the South Stream leg route through the Republic within six to eight months, following which construction will be launched. The South Stream project is estimated to cost EUR 15.5bn, out of which EUR 10bn will go for the construction of the pipelines underwater section in the Black Sea. Building works are due to start at the end of this year. The pipeline will have several legs that will cross Bulgaria, Greece, Serbia, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Austria. The first quantities of South Stream gas are expected to start flowing by end-2015, while the pipeline flow should reach its full capacity of 63 billion cubic metres by 2018.

Related Articles

EUs Sannino invites Bosnian leaders for conciliatory talks on March 22.

The European Commissions director general for enlargement Stefano Sannino has invited the leaders of Bosnias seven main political parties for consultations in Brussels on March 22 in an attempt ... more

Bosnias Serb Republic PPI, CPI inflation eases in Feb 2013.

Growth of consumer prices in Bosnias Serb Republic eased to 0.9% y/y in February from 1.5% y/y in January, as the annual decline of clothing and footwear prices widened, the entitys statistics ... more

Bosnias Federation fails to sell 67% of engineering company Hidrogradnja.

Bosnias Federation has failed to sell its 67% stake in engineering company Hidrogradnja due to lack of investor interest, the entitys privatisation agency said in a statement. The remaining 33% ... more

Register here to continue reading this article and 2 more for free or purchase 12 months full website access including the bne Magazine for just $119/year.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

To continue viewing our content you need to complete the registration process.

Please look for an email that was sent to with the subject line "Confirmation bne IntelliNews access". This email will have instructions on how to complete registration process. Please check in your "Junk" folder in case this communication was misdirected in your email system.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and magazine

Subscribe to bne IntelliNews website and monthly magazine, the leading source of business, economic and financial news and commentary in emerging markets.

Your subscription includes:
  • Full access to the bne content daily news and features on the website
  • Newsletters direct to your mailbox
  • Print and digital subscription to the monthly bne magazine
  • Digital subscription to the weekly bne newspaper

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

bne IntelliNews
$119 per year

All prices are in US dollars net of applicable taxes.

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@intellinews.com

Register for free to read bne IntelliNews Magazine. You'll receive a free digital subscription.

Already a subscriber or registered - click here to recover access.

If you a IntelliNews Pro user - click here to login.

Thank you. Please complete your registration by confirming your email address.
A confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided.

IntelliNews Pro offers daily news updates delivered to your inbox and in-depth data reports.
Get the emerging markets newswire that financial professionals trust.

"No day starts for my team without IntelliNews Pro" — UBS

Thank-you for requesting an IntelliNews Pro trial. Our team will be in contact with you shortly.

Dismiss