Anticipated value of construction works in Serbia jumps 143.5% y/y in Jan.

By bne IntelliNews March 20, 2012
The anticipated value of agreed construction works in Serbia jumped 143.5% on the year in January after plunging an annual 68.4% a month earlier, the statistics office said in a statement without providing figures. On a monthly basis, the January index fell 23.3% after declining 22.8% in December. The number of issued building permits in the country rose 5% on the year but dropped by 43.8% on the month in January to 358. The issued permits envisage the construction of 533 apartments (up 32.3% y/y) of an average 61.4 square metres. A total of 663 building permits were issued in December, up by an annual 34.4% but down by a monthly 3.4%. Permits for construction of buildings accounted for 73.7% of January's total, while permits for other types of buildings accounted for the remaining 26.3%.

Related Articles

Serbia's external debt up 4.7% y/y to EUR 25.4bn at end-Feb 2013.

Serbia's foreign debt rose an annual 4.7% y/y to EUR 25.4bn at end-February after climbing 6.6% on the year in January, central bank data showed. In monthly terms, however, the external ... more

Vip Mobile Serbia signs five-year managed services deal with Ericsson.

Swedish company Ericsson said it has signed a five-year managed services contract with Vip Mobile - the Serbian arm of Telekom Austria Group. The agreement includes field maintenance services for ... more

Telenor and Societe General possible buyers of Serbia's KBC Banka - report.

Norwegian telecommunications firm Telenor and France's Societe General are seen as possible buyers of the Serbian unit of Belgium's KBC Group, which has been on sale for several years now, a ... more

Notice: Undefined index: subject_id in /var/www/html/application/controllers/IndexController.php on line 335
Dismiss